On November 24, at 9 am, the criminal soldiers from the Israeli army, with five military jeeps and two bulldozers, drove into the small village of Um Fagarah in the village of At-Tuwani, southeast of Hebron in the southern district of Hebron and demolished two houses and the village mosque. During the demolition, one woman of age 21 and one girl of age 17 were severely beaten and injured. The Israeli criminals left about one hour later.
The demolition order was issued by the psychopath war criminal Brigadier General Motti Almoz (or Elmoz) (תא”ל מוטי אלמוז), the so-called “head of the Civil Administration”, who replaced war criminal and spy Brigadier General Yoav (Poli) Mordechai, (אלוף יואב (פולי) מרדכי) on Thursday November 4, 2010 in a nomination approved by the war criminals Major General Eitan Dangot (כללי דנגוט איתן), the so-called “coordinator of government activities in the territories (COGAT)”, Lt. Col. Guy Hazut, (סא”ל גיא חזות), commander of the so-called Hebron military brigade, Brig. Gen. Nitzan Alon, (תא”ל. תא”ל אלון ניצן), and Major General Avi Mizrahi (אלוף אבי מזרחי), the so-called “commander of the central command”. Mordechai is now the spokesperson of the criminal Israeli army.
Elmoz, Dangot, Mizrahi and Mordachai, are perpetrators ethnic cleansing, war crimes, crimes against humanity, genocide, looting of Palestinian property in the occupied territories. They ordered the demolition of thousands of houses, they ordered the murder, torture and jailing of thousands of Palestinians. Elmoz was accused of racism and discrimination against Palestinians.
One home in Um Fagarah belonged to a widow and her family; the other housed a family of 20, between the parents, children, and grandchildren. The soldiers did not have demolition orders or give any explanation, instead calling the village women ‘whores’ and entering at a time of day when most of the men were away at work.
The second family’s 21-year-old daughter confronted the Israeli soldiers when they marched into their home and began throwing the bedding outside. When she asked what they were doing, one soldier said, “Get out of my sight.” The daughter refused; in response, the soldier threatened, “If you don’t move, we will do even more,” and sprayed her in the face with tear gas. The other solders began kicking her as she fell to the ground. Her mother and her neighbors then tried to pull her out of the way, but another soldier pushed the girl’s mother away and she fell, breaking her leg.
The 21-year-old’s cousin, who is 17, tried to bring her water to soothe her eyes. The soldiers arrested them both, and as of November 26th, they are still in prison.
While the families are afraid for the safety of their daughters, the village has already organized a direct action to begin rebuilding the mosque this Saturday, the first day of the Islamic New Year. This is despite the fact that Israeli soldiers can return at any point to bulldoze it again. People from many surrounding villages came to support this action, including two people from the International Solidarity Movement and members of CPT.
Home demolitions and discriminatory laws continue to threaten Palestinian families and their right to the land. According to the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions, Israel has already demolished over 170 homes in 2011, displacing roughly 880 people.
The villages of Umm Fagarah and Susiya belong to Area C, under the military occupation and administrative control. Within this area every construction must be approved by Israeli administration. The occupation administration in Beit Ell refuses to grant the Palestinians building permits for new housing in their homeland. According to a UN report, building is prohibited on 70% of the West Bank, while within the remaining 30% a series of restrictions are applied which eliminate the possibility to obtain a permit.
The Palestinians in the village Um Fagarah are under military law with limited right. On 22nd November a boy from Umm Fagarah, brother of one of the young women arrested, was taken from his home and temporarily detained for the whole day, without any charges.