On April 25 2000, when I arrived at Shuhada Street in the old city of Hebron, (the part of the city under Israeli control) after I told that two Palestiniand were being beaten and handcuffed by IDF soldiers, as I arrived on location, the soldiers immediately identified me. They said to each other “the witch has arrived”. I did not respond. The (Israeli) policemen on the spot asked to open the handcuffs. I wanted to take a photo and the soldiers stood in front of the camera. Later the soldiers prevented eyewitnesses to the beating from speaking to me, so I approached an Israeli police vehicle and complained about the harassment.
As I stood and turned my back to the soldiers and spoke to an officer in the vehicle, I suddenly felt a body pressing against me from the back and a rifle leaning on my arm. I suddenly felt a hand in my armpit. I turned around and noticed one of the soldiers putting his hand in my bag and another 7-10 soldiers encircling me so eyewitnesses would not see what was happening. I then shouted, “Don’t touch me”, and I spat at one of the soldiers and another soldier called out “You are on my Ary”. That means “Dick” in Hebrew.
As a result of this incident I was rushed to the hospital, where I was diagnosed as suffering from a nervous breakdown and depression. After I filed complaints against the soldiers, they started shouting insults like “Lesbian”, “Bitch” or “Whore” at me, and remarks such as “You want a baby I will give you a baby”.
These are the nice civilized soldiers, how nice and civilized the IDF soldiers are ?
In the complaint filed by attorney Pacheco on 27.4.2000 are also these harassments:
* February 2000: when Hebron was covered with snow, soldiers made a snow sculpture of a penis and when I passed by them, they began calling me and mastubating and licking the sculpture.
* December 19, 1999: Filed a complaint with the Attorney General against a settler who took off his pants and exposed his behined to me in 1997, the event was filmed and a complaint was filed (see image below).
* March 1999: A Jewish settler, owner of a red Peugeot with plate No. 89-471-04 tried to run over me with his car.
* The settler David Wilder put on a costume dressing as me and followed me on the street. He mocked me and danced along the way.
* 1998: The settler Anat Cohen threw a stone at me, the soldiers present at the place did not take any actions.
* I filed over 300 complaints against the IDF soldiers and the settlers at the police station, but no action has been taken.
Note: This story was published in 2000 by Sami Sokol / Alternative Information Center